Saturday, December 19, 2015

I  LOVE  SATURDAY!

Just in case I have not made myself abundantly clear to everyone who is acquainted with me, I completely adore Saturday!  Saturday is MY day.  I own it.

As much as I enjoy and am grateful for my job (and I really do and am), I don't "work" on Saturday.    In fact, every Saturday, for me, is totally open.  I do what I want when I want.  Oh, sure, sometimes I'm sensible and do things that need to be done but whether I do them at 6:00 am (not at all likely) or at 6:00 pm (and I have been known to procrastinate that long) is entirely up to me.  There are exactly two rules about my Saturday:  no deadlines and no schedule.

Certainly there is no alarm on Saturday.  I wake when I've had enough sleep.  I have breakfast when I feel hungry.  I may choose to venture out or I may decide to be a hermit all day.  My choice because it's my day.

I think every adult needs such a Saturday, no matter on what day of the week it may actually occur.  It seems to me that's the promise we made to ourselves as children - when I'm a grown-up, I'm going to do what I want.  As grown-ups, we realize being a responsible adult isn't always what we expected.  But it can be.  At least one day a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment